There's a new study system for the Diploma students here in GMi; PBL (Problem-Based Learning) or in other words, Student-Centered Concept.
This system is to inculcate the spirit of learning through experience and self-curiosity of the students, where they are basically given a problem and instructed to find out the answers.
The steps are simple;
1. They find out the answers.
2. They present the answers.
3. The answers are verified by the lecturers.
Pretty much fun, because they have to do self-exploration.
The thing is, I believe majority of Malaysian students are so comfortable with the spoonfeeding way that they find it hard, or worse, burdening and pointless to imply the PBL method.
Right now, a few of them have already approached me to help them out (in other words, teach them about it)
Which now I feel guilty because I believe I am now going against the principle and objective of the PBL method by helping them out. They were supposed to explore, not to be taught.
This is so not working well. Another addition of thought-provoking issue. Which concludes my collected issues:
1. How to brainwash my siblings.
2. How to nurture fresh, healthy and proactive mindset amongst Malaysian future generations.
3. How to control self-attitude and inner-self (not to be explained here)
4. and now, How to support and increase the efficiency of this method.
Any bright ideas would be very appreciated. Thanks for your opinions and support on building the better future.